[Coco] CoCoNet and Linux

David Hazelton davehazelton at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 08:46:25 EST 2009

Another way...possibly

Ubuntu also has Sun xVM  Virtualbox, Which if you have a copy of Windows
you can run it  in a virtual machine.  The latest version is pretty
slick,  I've run a "Ghost" server under it on a Ubuntu server, where
WINE just couldn't handle the multicasting Virtualbox worked fine.

Playing with it on the otherside Ubuntu Desktop on Windows XP at home, I
can use my  USB Epson  printer /Scanner which impresses me....I'm so
easy :-)

It allows mapping  Com ports to actual Com Ports,  I was playing with it
last night to see if I could fax something (Testing the Serial modem
connected to COM1)  It used 16450 emulation I believe I read in the Docs.

~ David Hazelton