[Coco] Announcing LWTOOLS

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Jan 30 00:01:26 EST 2009

As several people on the coco3.com chat room know, I have been tinkering
away at an assembler and linker for the 6x09 CPUs. Of course, we already
have enough assemblers for ten CoCo communities, but, hey, I'm not
trying to make money on this one.

I inflict this on the world in case anyone finds it useful.

A brief overview of some of the features is as follows:

- macros
- local symbols
- raw and LOADM style binaries
- assembly to object files which can be linked later
- documentation (yes, that is a feature. :) )

LWTOOLS is known to compile and run on Linux systems. It is distributed
in source form from my web site. It is licensed under the GNU GPL. The
direct link to the LWTOOLS site is:

http://lost.l-w.ca/coco/lwtools/

No doubt there are bugs and unfortunate features. Feedback is welcome.
So are bugfixes.

--
William Astle