[Coco] Why do we need a CoCo 4? (Long irrelevant rant)

BookWorm bookworm at cavenet.com
Fri Jan 2 21:17:27 EST 2009

> A new GIME chip is farther along that you might think. In fact about 60%
> coded. Several of the hurdles that I have struggled with over the past 6
> months have now beed resolved and design is moving slowly forward.

*Wow*!

>  I have finally decided on a desktop screen resolution of 800x600 at 256
> colors.

*WOW*!!!

> TCP/IP is best done via a peripheral processor.

I'll never admit it, but you may be right. <grumble>

Ok, why not design a new RAM board with 2Mb and a 68000? The RAM has to be 16-
bit for the GIME anyway, and if we memory map the 68k, we could even run OSk in
a NitrOS-9 window.

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it sounds good. :)