[Coco] proposal for CoCoFEST! talk

Tony Podraza tonypodraza at juno.com
Mon Feb 16 13:31:23 EST 2009

I think that anything that involves the CoCo would be found interesting.  The promulgation of ideas, in developement or testinf or actual usage, is one of the things that Glenside is about, and this proposed discussion is just how the first RGB-A to vga interface was developed at a restaurant after a club meeting back in the 90's.
get in touch with Brian Goers for further scheduling.
Go for it!!!!!
tp

-- "John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
So once again FEST! time is approaching and I have no noteworthy
project to display.  Rather than come empty-handed, I thought I might
have an alternative this year.

I thought I might put together a little presentation on how to do
some simple CoCo development using the conveniences of a modern PC
(i.e. "cross development").  This would be a survey of some of the
available tools and basic technologies.  As I am not a CoCo programmer
of any note, this would specifically _not_ be a talk to 'how to write
the greatest CoCo game ever'.  Instead it would be more of a basic
overview of some of the available tools and their strengths, etc.
I would try to cover both RSDOS and OS-9 targets.

Does this interest anyone?  I would put together a few slides and
some simple demos, and the rest of the FEST! could be an extended
demo and Q&A opportunity.  Is this worthwhile?

Feedback welcome!

John

P.S.  I'm a Linux guy, so the presentation would be weighted towards
what is available in a Unix-like environment (including cygwin, etc).

P.P.S.  I would, of course, be open to suggestions of any particular
tools/projects to cover, interesting tips or resources, etc.
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville at tuxdriver.com might be all we have.  Be ready.