[Coco] [Color Computer] Rainbow articles: EPROM emulator

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 02:43:01 EST 2009

Mark Marlette wrote:
> Phill,
>
> As pulls work for you and probably for others. I can't base my
> designs on what I have laying around as surplus.

Yeah I can see that, as you are selling a commercial product, makes
sense to use new and modern, components.

>                                                    I have lots of
> EPROMs to but once you have everything developed and working there is
> no looking back. They are CHEAP as well, depending, some are cheaper
> than EPROMs.

Indeed, I have to admit that a lot of the designs I have done in the
last couple of years have had flash in mind, though as the pinouts are
pretty similar it's trivial to allow for both.

> As far as  the writes go, Boisy streams from a disk.

Ahh, write timing can't be as critical as I thought, will have to
investigate that at some point, might be usefull for the CoCo/Dragon
multi-cart and for a similar non CoCo related project.

Cheers.

Phill.