[Coco] Update: os9gen on 128k coco3, rs323 pack

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 15 14:13:18 EST 2009

On Sunday 15 February 2009, Boisy Pitre wrote:
>I think what Mikey may be seeing is an issue with the current sc6551
>driver related to the DCD signal.  If that signal is not asserted,
>then there is hanging when writing.  I am not an expert on the driver,
>but as I recall, if you tie the DCD signal to DTR (as DTR is sourced
>FROM the PC), then information will start flowing.

I may be doing that in my homemade cable, but I'd have to take it apart to
check.  If I get a chance, I'll do that.  Unforch, the connectors were
installed after I pulled the cat-5 cable through a hole in the floor, and of
course I didn't keep notes. :(

>That said, the sc6551 driver could really use an adoptive parent at
>this point; someone to take it under their wings and really work to
>understand it (and fix lingering issues).

How close is it to the sacia.dr, or aciapak.dr?  I have issues with the xmode
settings derived from a much older boot disk that don't do what they are
supposed to do with sc6551.dr, and have been unable to find any real docs.

I rewrote the joystick.dr last year, and found I had to adjust the sc6551's
init values, when I did, it worked.  But while the driver is working, its not
yet putting the button events in the right place for multivue to use all 3
buttons, so its only recognizing the left button.  Is there a better
description of this 4 byte mouse packet someplace I haven't stumbled over
yet?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)