[Coco] Sneak peek

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:42:57 EST 2009

On 2/15/09, Ryan Pritchard wrote:
> For myself, I would need to use a Y-cable for a FDC (26-3029) with
> your Bluetooth version of the pak to allow use of real floppy drive.
> Since I don't have an MPI or equivalent.
>
> Hasn't the patent expired on the MPI design so someone can replicate
> that thing and put it into production again?
>
> Regards,
> Ryan Pritchard

---

A Y-cable will likely work if you remove the ROM from the Disk
Controller, due the CTS* signal being used by both devices for ROM
selection.  Since the CoCoNet EPROM is a modified version of Disk
Basic, you don't need the controller's ROM.

One item of concern may be the amount of power needed by both the FDC
and the bluetooth pak being drawn from the CoCo.

Darren