[Coco] Rainbow uploads

CoCo Mongrel cocomongrel at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:40:40 EST 2009

> I'm sure some of you are getting tired of my repeated asking where the
> Rainbow uploads are available for viewing or for download, but after two
> other previous messages, I'm beginning to believe that no-one wants to share
> that information.
>
> All you gotta do is tell me it's none of my business, and I'll quit asking.

Hi Bill,

I don't think you're being intentionally snubbed.  I think the
messages about the magazine scans are actually being posted not to the
the Maltedmedia mail list, but to a Yahoo group which gets forwarded
to the mail list.  Unfortunately, if you reply to one of those
messages, the reply goes back to the mail list, and not the Yahoo
group, so the original posters are never getting your questions.

Below is the text of the original message announcing the FTP server
they are referring to:

cocomongrel

Subject: [Coco] CoCo Files repository
>From ChadH
12/7/2008 10:23 PM

Hi, many of us have personal collections of .PDF manuals, .DSK softwares and
other nick nacks we would like to share but keep having to find a good place
to host the files.  Some I have seen use RapidShare, others I've seen host
right from their own PC (I used to do this.)  Unfortunately these have their
limitations and problems.

It so happens I have a personal server with 30+ gigs of space unallocated at
the moment and I'm offering the space as a sort of CoCo repository, if
anyone is interested.  The files people upload there will be available to
the rest of the community.  Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Upload:

                ftp://excalibur1.net    username: cocoshare
password:share

This is the upload point.  Once the files are received I will evaluate them

to make sure they are appropriate for the CoCo repository and not just

someone fooling around.  Then I will move them to the permanent

HTTP share point at http://excalibur1.net/coco