[Coco] Running os9gen on nitros9 6809L2 on a 128k coco3

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Feb 13 06:05:06 EST 2009

> Michael Furman wrote:
>> I am trying to create a new nitros9 boot disk that has rs232 pak drivers
>> in  it.  When I ran the mb script it got a bunch of errors.  I ran each
>> command manually .  The first fatal error that seems to be encountered is
>> a 207 (memory full) error when running os9gen.  Both of my coco3's are
>> 128k.  Is there any way to work around this?  I tried random #nnK
>> parameters without success.
>>
>> If  there's no easy workaround then I suppose I can see if I can get the
>> nitros9 cvs that I pulled down earlier today to work on my linux box, i
>> think i have actually run the make file to create boot disks before...
>>

> NitrOS-9 Level2 will run on a 128k Coco3 although 512K would be much
> better. If you are getting 207 errors, then you probably have or are
> trying to put too many modules in the os9boot file.

If you are loading modules manually they are each assigned a block of
memory.  IIRCC; you will need to merge your modules into a block.  The
normal boot disk creation program does this automatically.  It has been far
to long since I have created a OS-9/NitrOS-9 boot disk, so the details are
foggy ATM.

Bruce W.