[Coco] Old techies

Dave Kelly daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 12 00:53:30 EST 2009

Roger Taylor wrote:

> It's scary, too.  The bigger these storage devices get, the more we lose
> in a crash.  Things are getting more and more vunerable to zaps, theft,
> and just plain losing things because they're too small.
from the pulp scifi mags in the 50s and early 60s.
Mankind learned how to notch molecules to store memory. Then how to
notch  atoms, then how to notch electrons. They put all the worlds
knowledge on to a 2 inch cube and promptly lost all the knowledge
overboard in a storm.

> Eventually we'll have newspapers with videos on the paper,
Saw that back in the 50s also

> insanely-super-high-def 3-D TVs without the glasses,
holograms

see the light coming from the beginning of the
> universe.
Recently discovery was a roar in the universe. Don't know what is it or
where it comes from but it is in all directions. Speculations is that it
is an echo from the big bang.

At the rate we're going none of the above would surprise me
> if we had it.  But the scariest thought yet is when they come up with a
> way to wirelessly store data in our own brain.  I'm sure somebody out
> there is working on that one.  :)

Movie: Johnny Mnemonic