[Coco] Old techies

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Feb 11 21:49:42 EST 2009

At 06:31 PM 2/11/2009, you wrote:
>Here's something kind of funny, sort of relating to the old CoCo days.
>I'm currently formatting my newest PC hard drive, 1.5 TB.
>That's only 75,000 times bigger than my good old ST-225.  Same brand
>though! :)

>It boggles the mind sometimes how fast tech is advancing.

It's scary, too.  The bigger these storage devices get, the more we
lose in a crash.  Things are getting more and more vunerable to zaps,
theft, and just plain losing things because they're too small.

I'm 40 years old and none of the new ideas and gadgets seem to raise
my eyebrows anymore.  We've just got too much for our own good.

Eventually we'll have newspapers with videos on the paper,
insanely-super-high-def 3-D TVs without the glasses, and cheap home
telescopes that can see a pebble sitting on the surface of some
planet in another galaxy or see the light coming from the beginning
of the universe.  At the rate we're going none of the above would
surprise me if we had it.  But the scariest thought yet is when they
come up with a way to wirelessly store data in our own brain.  I'm
sure somebody out there is working on that one.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com