[Coco] names for the CoCo

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Tue Feb 10 20:54:29 EST 2009

 > Message: 8
 > Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:58:29 -0600
 > From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>
 > Subject: [Coco] names for the CoCo
 > To: cocolist for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
 >
 > This guy must have researched every bit of 1 minute before writing
 > these articles, repeatedly calling the CoCo a CoCoNut. Everything
 > seems ok but the name. http://www.speedylook.com/Computer_Color.html
 > -- Roger Taylor
 >
 > http://www.wordofthedayonline.com

I have a suspicion that this page was translated into English from
another language, most likely by one of those online automated
translation tools. I know Google has such a tool. There's a pattern of
grammatical errors that gives it away. Perhaps the translation tool
found the term "Coco" in the original foreign text and erroneously
translated it as "Coconut".

Just a theory :-)

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT