[Coco] Old techies

Carlos Bragatto carlos.bragatto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:15:33 EST 2009

Allen, I was born in 76, got my first computer, a Microdigital TK85, a 16K
Sinclair ZX81 clone, in 85, then an Apple II plus clone (CCE Exato), then
the list goes on and on...
:-D

Remember that the first home computers appeared in Brazil only in 1981/82,
because of the "Market Reservation", a stupid law imposed by the military
dictatorship en vogue by that time here, to make the Brazilian home computer
industry florish and grow.

Yeah right. It only gave governmental support for pirating foreign computers
:-D At the time, it was said that we were 7 years behind americans regarding
home computers. You know, the Prologica CP400, clone of the Tandy CoCo 2 was
released in late 85...

Carlos