[Coco] Old techies

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 18:40:47 EST 2009

----- "Bill" <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> [...]

I'll be 54 in May.  Started with the TRS-80 Mod One when I was fresh out of the USAF in '78 (23 years old, all my best learning curve already gone).  Joined the Shack as an RSCC instructor in 11/80 and met the Color Computer.  Love at first sight, though it was well over a year before I actually bought one.  (Other financial priorities, including the end of one marriage and the beginning of another).  And I'll admit that since the late '80s the Color Computer hasn't been my top priority (especially this time of year -- it's cold down in the basement), since while working for the Shack, I got into Unix (they started shipping Xenix for the 68000-based Model 16 in 1/83) and that has since moved me into Linux (Geez, is it 15 years already?  Nope, next month it'll be 16 years since I first installed SLS Linux from a cube of 5.25" floppies).  With a stop in between involved with the 68010-based AT&T Unix PC (also in the basement).  Along a bunch of other Radio Shack computers and the Compaq Portable I eventually hope to use for my CoCo3 repack (unless I geek out and use the Kaypro-16).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>
The Bible says (in Palms 90:10) that "The days of our years are threescore years and ten", yet Xtians frequently defy G-d's will and continue to preach rather than commit suicide on their 70th birthday.  Yeah, the Psalm says you're allowed to live to eighty, but you're going to suffer if you do that, so you might as well just kill yourself.  Suicide is not a sin in the Old Testament, and I can't find the spot in the New Testament that changes the status.  (This blasphemy is an original from me [wdg3rd], the sort of thing I strive for).