[Coco] CoCoNet status

Shain Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:02:13 EST 2009

I would tend to agree - I even appreciate the older definition of "hacker"
:)

I applaud the implementation of 'self-updating' - just curious, are you
doing this by running the 'update' code from the PC "server", loading into
Coco RAM space (and then running it) or onto some battery backed RAM on your
cart?

Ewww, 'virtual memory' - how about 'virtual devices'?  A prime example would
be the redirection of the bit-banger for printer routines?  This could be
problematic for apps outside of Disk BASIC's LPRINT, LLIST (unless Roger's
cart traps/re-directs all Coco bit-banger I/O and have its' own on the
cart?!?!); but, the PC "server" could translate DMP-105 and/or Epson
EX/LX/MX escape sequences.  This might be useful even if it only handled
straight text.

Looking forward to owning one of these...

sk