[Coco] [Color Computer] Remove case yellowing

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:08:03 EST 2009

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, James Diffendaffer wrote:

> Apparently, someone has figured out how to reverse case yellowing.
> The original thread was from an Amiga forum but this is where I saw it.

There's something else to consider.  My experience with vintage musical
equipment has shown that cleanup attempts, even successful ones, can
destroy the collector's value of a classic or antique item.

In the 70s I acquired a 1953 Fender Telecaster guitar.  The previous owner
had worn all the finish off the neck and several portions of the body.
Being young and foolish, I had a local shop strip, bleach and refinish the
instrument.  It did look good, but lost the cache' in the process.  When I
sold it in 1990 it brought $1800.  The broker told me that if I'd left it
alone, dirty or not, the going price would have been in the low five
figures.  An expensive lesson!

This may be of less consequence for those who never plan to sell their
collection, but something to keep in the back of your head.

Steve