[Coco] CoCoNet/serial pak survey

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:34:44 EST 2009

On 2/2/09, Roger Taylor wrote:

>>Will the pack allow you to interact with both real coco disk drives
>>and disk images at the same time? I have literally hundreds of real
>>coco disks I would like to get made into disk images and archived on the PC
>> end
>

> Yes, if:
> 1) If you use any controller with a 28-pin EPROM socket, like the
> Disto SC or Mini Controller.
> 2) If your MPI can be set to the CoCoNet slot (to boot the ROM) and
> your floppy controller can still be accessed
>    I have no idea if the controller hardware will function if the MPI
> is not set to it's slot.

The following scenario should work:

1. A floppy controller is in slot 4.
2. The CoCoNet EPROM pak is in slot 3 (for example).
3. Start up the CoCo with the MPI switch set to 3 (CoCoNet).
4. Enter: POKE &HFF7F,&H23

This keeps the MPI looking at slot 3 for the ROM, but routes access to
the FDC through slot 4.

Darren