[Coco] CoCoNet/serial pak survey

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Feb 2 21:20:25 EST 2009

At 05:55 PM 2/2/2009, you wrote:
>Will the pack allow you to interact with both real coco disk drives
>and disk images at the same time? I have literally hundreds of real
>coco disks I would like to get made into disk images and archived on the PC end

Yes, if:
1) If you use any controller with a 28-pin EPROM socket, like the
Disto SC or Mini Controller.
2) If your MPI can be set to the CoCoNet slot (to boot the ROM) and
your floppy controller can still be accessed
   I have no idea if the controller hardware will function if the MPI
is not set to it's slot.

CoCoNet can set each drive to Virtual or Physical, intermixed if you
like.  You mount drive #'s or remote pathnames to the .dsk images.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com