[Coco] [Color Computer] Food for thought and feed back wanted

stinger30au stinger30au at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 24 18:08:06 EST 2009

Folks,
as your probably well aware i have been working on scanning coco
magazines for a few months now doing my best to preserve what i have
for all to enjoy including a very large portion of the Australian
CoCo-Link magazine as well as rainbow magazines

A number of you have emailed me off list and said your not willing to
sacrifice your rainbsows by cutting the spines off to produce pdf
files and thats cool, i have no problem with that. im happy to
sacrifice mine for the betterment of this collection

i have got an email though and im dowloading the file that was in the
email

the file in the email is a zip file, and it is supposed to be volume
one of the ranbow. i assume from the file size of 512megabyte that it
would be the first 12 months of the rainbow magazine

i honestly thought i would never in my life see this as i have never
seen it before

my challenge to you who dont wish to cut spines off rainbow magazines
is to download the zip file and work as a team to clean up these pages

once i have the file i can if need be upload it to excalibur1 ftp site
and you can download it from there

my suggestion is if you wish to do this then post a reply to the
rainbow archive forum and let us know what month you wish to work on,
theres 12 months so the more the merrier

at this point this is just a generel feeler to see what interest i can
create as i have not finished downloading the file yet

so if you know anything about using "GIMP" or "photoshop" or what
every your favourite drawing package is and you have some spare time
to lead a hand, then please do so

have a think about it and post your thoughts at the rainbow archive