[Coco] CoCoNet beta release

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:02:33 EST 2009

Roger Taylor wrote:

> DLOADing a DOS won't let just "anybody" use it.  It would let those
> with a PC and a cable maybe do it which might have to be purchased by
> the user.
Well, the PC and the cable are already required with DriveWire. The idea
is that it will be all that is required.

> Your solution to restoring the DLOAD command in the CoCo 3 might have
> to be done by way of a DOS ROM that patches the command back in...  ;)

No ROM is needed. With just and 2 POKEs and 2 EXECs, I can make a CoCo 3
DLOAD a program from a DLOAD server. The thing is, most of the DLOAD
code is still there. Only the first few bytes are missing, and they are
not that essential.