[Coco] CoCoNet beta release

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Dec 31 22:17:17 EST 2009

At 03:31 PM 12/31/2009, you wrote:
>I will try it, Roger. I have an EPROM programmer, and it is on my
>list of things to do. On the other hand, I'm still working on a
>solution to bootstrap HDB-DOS (DriveWire's DOS) using the DLOAD
>command (ressuscitated using some black magic on the CoCo 3) instead
>of burning it in ROM or loading it from disk or tape. I hope the
>same thing could be done with CoCoNet, because it would allow anyone
>to use your system, which would certainly help spreading the good
>news. However, it seems it won't be possible on the CoCo 3 if the
>all-RAM mode cannot be used. Could we use a stripped-down version
>(or the CoCo 2 version) that would fit into 8k?

DLOADing a DOS won't let just "anybody" use it.  It would let those
with a PC and a cable maybe do it which might have to be purchased by the user.

Your solution to restoring the DLOAD command in the CoCo 3 might have
to be done by way of a DOS ROM that patches the command back in...  ;)

--
~ Roger Taylor