[Coco] DriveWire printing options

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:01:46 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Aaron.
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, then the initial output from drivewire
> will be a RAW dump of the data from the port (whether bitbanger or (if
> supported) parallel port).
>
> Then any tool can be used (if necessary) to convert the RAW to either a
> picture file or a text file, or for that matter a MIDI file if the output is
> from Ultimuse.

That is correct

> Do you envisage support for Ultimuse, which also uses the bitbanger port,
> albeit at a different bit rate?

It should be possible to capture this to a file, although I think midi
is sometimes bi directional (not too familiar with this).  if it is
just a dump of midi values, then I think the capture could be used
with a midi player, maybe need some massaging of the data.
If you want to send me a captured file I can see what can be done.