[Coco] Play with NitrOS-9 over the Internet

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Sun Dec 27 11:34:38 EST 2009

On Dec 27, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Mark Marlette wrote:

> Boisy,
>
> I logged in just fine and played around a bit on your system.
>
> Is this your Mac hosting this?

The Mac is running the DriveWire Java Server that Aaron authored.  It is connected to the CoCo 3 via a USB<->serial cable connected to a DriveWire cable.

The CoCo 3 has a ROM Pak with HDB-DOS DW in ROM plugged into the side.  No other peripherals are connected.

> I also noticed NitrOS-9 ver 03.02.09
>
> Do this version of NitrOS-9 have some special features contained here that you have put to work?
>
> I remember that the .odd versions where for debug.
>
> Tell us more!!!!
>
> Nice work by all.

Yes, V3.2.9 is a development version with the latest fixes/enhancements from the source tree.  BTW, Aaron's SCF driver is scdwt.  You can do an MDIR and see it in the module directory.  This is the driver that does all of the work communicating to the DriveWire server for the various telnet sessions.

So far 5 people have logged in (including one guy on his iPhone!).
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/