[Coco] 720K 5.25" drives....

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 21:17:51 EST 2009

Frank,

Under OS-9/NitrOS9 the driver/descriptor for a 720k drive (5.25") will read
a 360K disk or a 180K disk (single sided).

Some of the TEAC brand 5.25" 720K drives could be modified to work as either
360K or 720K by inserting a switch to remove a resistor from the circuit for
360K mode, thereby causing it to effectively double-step. I have such a
setup (though currrently in storage).

Regards, Bob Devries

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975