[Coco] Drivewire for dummies?

Jeremy Michea jmichea at cogeco.ca
Wed Dec 23 07:01:10 EST 2009

As Aaron has mentioned, all the hardware you need for Drivewire is a
cable connecting the PC sound card to the Coco cassette jack. Then you
need a copy of the Drivewire code as a wave (.wav) file on the PC.

Tell the Coco to CLOADM, play the .wav file on the PC, and you should be
up and running with a disk system.

All you need to make is the connector cable. Get that done and obtain
the needed .wav file. Once you have Drivewire booted, then any answers
given here will make more sense.
I assume the .wav file is on the Cloud-9 site as is the disk version,
free for download.

Ah so its the same as loading a program via cocotape? I do have the cassette cable. So you're saying all I need is to load the drivewire program into the coco and my PC becomes the coco's disk drive system?
I'll give it a shot and see where it gets me. Any further instruction for a newbie is always appreciated :)
Jeremy