[Coco] Single board Pentium computer... "CoCo4" or Drivewire server material?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Dec 11 14:22:04 EST 2009

At 11:03 AM 12/11/2009, you wrote:
>Frank, it's just a SBC intended to be used in a passive backplane
>environment. I've got a couple of similar things set up, and if you
>can locate a proper case and backplane for it, you can have a nice
>lunchbox-sized ISA/PCI based PC.
>
>The one I have is far too slow to do anything useful except run some
>very old DOS games (which is all I use it for)

The coolest thing I've seen yet is a Compaq IA-1 Internet Appliance
terminal running as a CoCo emulator.  I hope to get NitrOS-9 Level II
working on it in 2010 so the IA-1 boots up directly into it.  Coming
up with things to do with it after that is another story.  :)

There might not be an easy way to get data in and out of the IA-1
from MS-DOS/Vavasour or Keil emulators except for the CF card itself
where everything including the emulator is stored.

I have mine set up to boot into the CoCo 3 screen on power-up, so it
looks like some new type of CoCo with wireless keyboard.

--
~ Roger Taylor