[Coco] A bug in Basic09/RunB

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 7 07:27:19 EST 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009, Wayne Campbell wrote:
>Robert,
>
>Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think to change the received
> parameter to a INTEGER to see what would happen.
>
>I think I found Microware's slant in the manual. I don't know why I never
> saw it before:
>
>"If the called procedure is expecting a BYTE-type
>variable, it uses only the high-order byte of the (two-byte) INTEGER
> (which, if the value was intended to be in BYTE-range, will probably be
> zero!)."
>
>I guess they never intended to pass a single byte.
>
>Wayne

It does work however since a #PATH is a byte.  Also, ISTR when I was passing
bytes, I set them as hexidecimal style numbers. giving it an only 2 nibble
wide value.  The simple A+1 syntax can even have a real involved at some
point if my wet ram can be trusted.  In b09, that IIRC is a 5 byte long
value.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)