[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco serial cable

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Aug 29 20:45:58 EDT 2009

On Saturday 29 August 2009, wdg3rd at comcast.net wrote:
>----- "Stephen Castello" <zootzoot at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:48:35 +0000 (UTC), wdg3rd at comcast.net had a
>>
>> flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>> >As I recall, the Gorilla Banana was essentially the same hardware
>>
>> base as the Radio Shack Line Printer VII, but with a DB-25 instead of
>> a DIN connector and probably a different ROM.
>>
>> My dad had DMP-105, it looked just like the gorilla banana.
>
>The DMP-105 was the successor to the LP-VII with a white case instead of
> Mercedes silver.  To the best of my knowledge, that was the only change.
> Just as slow and noisy and just as crappy print.  (A dot-matrix impact
> printer with only one pin is sort of limited from the start).

Huh?  I've had several DMP-105's over the years, and I have never seen a
DMP-105 that didn't have a 9 pin head.  I have even rebuilt several of them
due to broken pins, but that head re-assembly is a cast iron female dog.
With just a little wear in the guide, its almost impossible to keep the
correct pin in the correct guide location, so it prints gibberish.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

PLEASE DON'T SMOKE HERE!

Penalty: An early, lingering death from cancer,
	 emphysema, or other smoking-caused ailment.