[Coco] Mr Bjork please don't leave the communiity on theaccount of one disgruntled member!

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Aug 29 19:28:04 EDT 2009

At 07:07 AM 8/29/2009, you wrote:
>Paul Fitch wrote:
>>I could see where Steve was coming from.  On the one hand, why post to a
>>site that seems to "have it in" for him.  A lot of time and effort can go
>>into properly responding to a question, and then to see that effort "wasted"
>>when the post evaporates can be very upsetting.  Not that I think Roger has
>>anything to do with it beyond having too much on his plate and not being
>>sufficiently god-like in his troubleshooting ability to figure out why some
>>posts just won't show up.
>>Steves initial point was valid.  Until the site was "fixed", why post on it?
> ><snip>

>This is over-exaggeration in the extreme. Consider the length of
>time that Roger's site has been up and running against the number of hacks.

True.  We've been up longer than any other CoCo community site, as
far as I know.  I'm not sure I heard this many complaints back when
the original biggie CoCo site went down without notice.  Everybody
contributed megs of personal messages and content to that site, and
then one day.. nothing.  The admin was unreachable and probably still is.

And what about Jim Davis ?  He just completely vanished.  Years ago I
tried to buy his whole software line he was peddling poorly and his
response was this and only this:  "Not interested."  end of
e-mail.  Now where is all that SunDog stuff?  Where is Jim?  Not that
I have time for it Now, but back then I did.

For me it's been a challenge keeping the site up since, what...
2000?, starting out as a simple tower of banners called the "CoCoNut
Directory" then progressing per visitor request.  If coco3.com makes
it 10 years online without being rendered "another dead CoCo site",
I'll be one happy fella, and everyone else should be as well.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.americafedup.com