[Coco] Coco serial cable(My very first printer)

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 18:00:26 EDT 2009

 My first computer was a grey case, 4K coco.

 I don't remember the year but, my very first printer was a teletype machine.

 It had a keyboard and a paper tape, recorder/player.

 Noisy darned thing would also act as a device to aggrevate my wife to the point that she said "Lose it or make it quieter".
 I had to put it in a hall closet and line the closet with blankets to make it acceptable to her.

 It did not do a line feed on a carriage return. I added a solenoid, capacitor and a micro-switch to make it do a line feed.

 Finally, DAK Industries sold a Dry Ink Jet printer from Olivetti that replaced it. I think it was a PR1200.

 A long, long time ago in a place far, far away.

George