[Coco] Way off-topic -- Re: One point of view

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:09:36 EDT 2009

John W. Linville wrote:
> Perhaps we can end this off-topic thread now?  Please?

For crying out loud, yes, por favor, end it now! But first, allow me to
add my two cents... :)

I agree with John in that it is highly improbable that the people on
this list are going to zip the history of the messages they are replying
to. Mind you, some folks don't even seem to seize the concept of
replying to a message; they start new a thread in response to someone
else's message.

Now, as an answer to the original poster: If you use the proper software
(I use Thunderbird), you can have it filter your incoming messages,
place the CoCoList ones in a dedicated folder and display this folder as
threads, so you never need to go to the web archive when you forgot what
a discussion is all about. This is how I read the messages on this list
and, frankly, I think the issue of the "message history" is a none problem.

Christian