[Coco] One point of view

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:02:20 EDT 2009

> I have learned alot about how messages are structured, and what (at least, to me) makes for the best, fastest and easiest forms that they take. I would like to share with all of you what I consider to be a well-constructed email, easy to read, fast in read-time, and reduction of overall size. As much as todays computers don't care how big the message is, when you are wading through 25K of message thread history to get to a one-line response, it matters.
>
> I am not saying that anyone MUST adhere to what I am proposing, I am just giving my point of view. If you agree, you agree. If you don't, you don't.

You may wish to become familiar with RFC 1855.  I believe it is the
closest thing to an accepted, official standard for such things.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

Personally, I not only prefer following standards wherever possible,
but also tend to agree with the recommendations made in this RFC.
Adhering to these rules is strongly "encouraged" on a couple other
mailing lists I participate in, and they work well.

-Aaron