[Coco] A bit more of CoCo history dies...

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:23:51 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Stephen H.
Fischer<SFischer1 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

Most things that use Shockwave or other proprietary formats can be
done using open, standard tools.  From what I saw of the presentation
(it did not work 100% for me) it did nothing that couldn't have been
implemented in HTML/javascript.  Of course js is not quite an open
standard, but certainly more so than shockwave or silverlight.

The upcoming HTML 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_5) hold much
promise for making these proprietary formats unnecessary.  It will be
interesting to see what direction the online world takes.

-Aaron