[Coco] flat panel LCD TVs - WAS Re: nitros-9 support

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Mon Aug 3 22:07:18 EDT 2009

On Aug 3, 2009, at 7:20 PM, Stephen Adolph wrote:
> I'm thinking that a used 13 inch flat panel TV with composite input
> would be the ticket.
>
> Anyone ever use  one of those as a coco3 monitor?

In theory, yes.  But I have a 13" Sharp LCD TV that doesn't seem to
sync up correctly to the CoCo's output (via composite).  I suppose the
deinterlacers in an LCD TV could cause some weird problems.  Note that
you still will likely have troubles reading 80-column text using just
the composite output.

-- JP