[Coco] some progress...

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:43:48 EDT 2009

On 8/3/09, Stephen Adolph wrote:
> Thanks for all the helpful comments.  I've made some progress.
>
> But, I am struggling right now with why I would go to Nitros-9--
>
> * disks created in RS-DOS (35 track) cannot be read or written in Nitros-9
> * so, software on RS-DOS disks and virtual disks are not usable in Nitros-9

You do know that NitrOS-9 (OS-9) is a completely separate environment
from the Basic interpreter in ROM (RSDOS), right?

Under NitrOS-9, the ROM is out of the picture and you are in a
multi-tasking, unix-like operating system with a command shell.  The
file system used under NitrOS-9 is not compatible with RSDOS.  When
you want to use the Basic interpreter or run programs on an RSDOS
disk, you don't boot into NitrOS-9.

Darren