[Coco] service bulletins (making PDFs)

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Aug 12 11:01:04 EDT 2009

Stephen, are you using a Windows box? If so, go to www.pdf995.com and download/install their PDF printer driver. Then you can use any program that will print to create a PDF. What you do is go to "print", then select "PDF995" as the printer. Instead of printing a PDF file will be created. The free version will bring up an advertising window and delay about 15-20 seconds before displaying the PDF, but creates the PDF in the background. If it's a 2-3 page file it will finish creating before the ad display closes. The ad isn't too obtrusive, but you can register a copy for $9.95 (hence the name). They have other good PDF manipulation tools also. So scan as a JPG, then print to the driver to create PDFs. The PDFs are good quality, I use this driver all the time to create magazine and book files that are sent to the printer's for printing.

I'm sure there's a similar PDF printer driver for Linux...

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:39:33 -0400
From: Stephen Adolph <twospruces at gmail.com>

yah, that makes sense. I forgot about the maltedmedia FTP.

I suppose I can just dump scans into the incoming folder?

All I can do, is make b/w jpg scans.  Don't know if I have a process
to make pdf from paper.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"