[Coco] [Color Computer] coco ethernet project

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 22:24:35 EDT 2009

On 4/25/09, jdaggett at gate.net <jdaggett at gate.net> wrote:

>  > > Using a FPGA in front of the CS8900 chip one can reduce the I/O
>  > > requirements to say four bytes. Some simple state machine or even
>  > > the programable state machine Picoblaze would be a nice interface to
>  > > the CS8900 chip.
>  > Right, but how much would that FPGA cost?
> Less than $15 with configuration prom.

That leaves the issue of what would constitute a killer/cool app for the CoCo...

I was mulling it over in my head, and the one thing that sticks out
that the CoCo has that other 8-bits don't is (Nitr)OS-9. uIP combined
with a more useable programming interface would make a nice addition.

--
James Dessart
<http://skwirl.com/cody/>