[Coco] CoCoList and the Web, was Re: CoCoList Survey on email but no web browser access CoCo users.

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 22 12:33:41 EDT 2009

Jeff Teunissen wrote:

>> One the main reasons for this email list is so CoCo user that only have
>> email access can commutate with other CoCo users.

My $.02 worth...

I hate web-based forums with a passion. They're cumbersome, slow to use,
each one has a subtly different UI, and it's very difficult to get an
overview of the active topics and where the traffic is.

With a mailing list, threaded in Thunderbird, I can scroll though dozens if
not hundreds of emails in seconds to get an idea of what the latest hot
topics are, how many people are involved, and can skim though threads
rapidly with a few clicks.

I actually like usenet for this reason too.

Regards,