[Coco] os9.exe

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 18 00:33:40 EDT 2009

On Saturday 18 April 2009, Roger Taylor wrote:
>Does anyone here use os9.exe from Toolshed?
>
>I'm adding the 'mount' command to OS-9/CoCoNet now and in addition to
>mouting .dsk images on a remote PC or from the web, I'd like to try
>to mount a PC directory or a web directory.  My initial method for
>doing this will be to copy the source files onto a newly formatted
>OS-9 disk image and then mount that image in the CoCoNet server.
>
>So, I'm trying to create a new OS-9 disk image by using: os9 format
>new.dsk -st=18 -t320
>but the resulting image is only 3200 or so bytes.  Also, the default
>sectors per track is showing to be 2 when the disk summary is
>reported if I don't supply the -st option.  The os9.exe help listing
>shows the default to be 18.
>
>Any suggestions?

I believe t (tracks) is likely only byte wide, as is that register in the 17xx
fdc's.  So 320 would be an overflow, with undefined results.  Try it at 254
and see what you get.  A bit of quick work with kcalc says you should get a
2,340,864 byte image, rather large by floppy standards at that.  If there
isn't a doofy download mucking with your results.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)