[Coco] All hail CGFX! was Re: OS-9 environment variables?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Apr 16 16:06:09 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:39:36AM -0400, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> At the risk of exposing my naivety, what is "CGFX" - 3rd party of
> otherwise?

It's the C Library that does OS-9 graphics and MultiVue.  Mostly it's
a C version of the gfx2 subroutine module.  It provides access to all
the cursor control, drawing, colors, etc, for grfint and windint style
graphics.

The Docs are in the Multivue manual... was the original library in
MultiVue or the Development System?

IIRC there's some weirdnes with the original library?  Because it was
linked with rlink instead of c.link?

Anyway, a crazed hacker named Mike Sweet took it and added all the
goodies Tandy/Mircoware left out (dialogs!  File picking facility!  A
function that handles the Tandy menu all by itself!  And I was trying
to do all that by hand?  Someday I'll learn to read the library manual
FIRST! :), and made it fast.  He even has better documentation.  His
last version is cgfx7.lzh on rtsi.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA