[Coco] OS-9 environment variables?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Apr 14 23:37:30 EDT 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 10:30 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> Is there a way in OS-9 to store a few bytes or a string from one
> module and access that data from another module by nickname or some
> other global handle?

There is a DATA MODULE type, where the body of the module can be
linked to from multiple processes, then each gets a pointer and access
to the body area and can read/write that data. That is the OS-9
mechanism for data sharing.

You can fix the CRC and save the module out, load it on reboot, and
the variables would be back.

I should write some code for that. (Semaphores, I am not sure of,
under OS-9/6809.)

Boisy, you know?

		-- Allen