[Coco] DriveWire - Frank, Joel - OT

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Apr 14 12:06:39 EDT 2009

Andrew,

Interestingly enough the things I don't like about Ubuntu are the very
reasons I recommend it to people new to linux/unix. My problem with it is
that it's hard to do much without the GUI and tends to be very "mousey".
I work as a Unix sys admin and most of what I do on a server is via the
command line. Also when I first started using linux my video card wasn't
supported by X and as a result everything I did was through the command line
on the console. To make a long story short I like using the command line and
I like it.

The linux distribution I use on my machines at home is Fedora. I tried Redhat
when was first released and I like it. I've tried others but always go back to
Redhat. I'm not saying it's the best but I'm used to it and it does what I need
it to do.

Frank