[Coco] DriveWire - Frank, Joel - OT

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:21:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Andrew wrote:

> You wouldn't happen to have those proto-SLS disks handy, would you? Somewhere
> (if I still have it) I have a 386DX40 mobo that is itching to be fired up
> again, though I don't know if I have enough memory for *nix (last I remember
> I only had 8 meg in it), I was think either some old-school *nix or OpenDOS.
> It would be hilarious to see it run *nix, tho.

Early versions of almost all the major distros should run fine on that
system.  If you have trouble finding the CD images, contact me privately.

> On a more CoCo related note - was there ever an ethernet network "card" made
> for the CoCo (ie, a cartridge or something) that worked under OS-9? I seem to
> recall there was something a long time ago (I was a kid at the time and my
> parents couldn't afford it, nor did I have anything to hook it up to), but I
> may be foggy.

I doubt an ethernet card ever existed.  Chuck Youse was working on one,
but he sort of freaked out over runaway political discussions last fall,
sold off all CoCo related items and disappeared.