[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Apr 10 12:41:58 EDT 2009

John

The MC68486/7 were designed to work with the MC68K series of processors as well the
MC6809. It was touted to work with both 15 and 6 bit databuss processors. That would
include the MC68008 processor. In that aspect it was backwards compatible with the
MC6809. I don't think that Motorola ever released that chip set and if they did it was not for
long

Yep that all changed when the HCMOS proccessors came out. HC11 and HC05 lines ended
up using three digits to denote EPROM/FLASH instead of mask ROM. The the trailing
letters and numbers for the various flavors.

I worked 23 yrs in Paging Products Division, and about five or six other names were were
called back then, and we used a lot of HC05 and HC11 varieties.

james