[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:05:59 EDT 2009

Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Nick Marentes wrote:
>> If you are using a CoCo3, why would you use anything but the RGB
>> outputs?
>
> So I could play the thousands of CoCo 1/2 games in color instead of as
> black and white striped checkerboards.

I seem to remember there was a way to patch most games to make them run
in 128x192, 4 colours instead of 256x192, 2 colours. The CoCo 3 palette
was then manipulated to make those 4 colours black, white, red and blue,
in order to mimic the artifacted mode, or, as I did because I could only
afford a monochrome monitor, 4 levels of gray. Does anyone remember how
it was done? I still only use a monochrome monitor!

Christian