[Coco] SSP with NitrOS9

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Apr 8 16:10:14 EDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Willard Goosey wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:28:43PM -0600, Willard Goosey wrote:
>> Yep.  But the SSP driver only does speech, not the YM sound chip.
>
> (Yes, I'm replying to my own post.)
>
> But I can't help but wonder if Boisy isn't eventually going to expand
> on this.  Why else would he split snddrv out from cc3io, unless he was
> planning a snddrv_ssp and a snddrv_orch90?
>
> (watch, I'll either get told "that's in 3.2.8" or "there's this old
> set of patches..." or "the superboard has a SoundBlaster AWE32
> embedded in it."  :-)

Truth be told, Willard, it's a great idea, but I cannot take credit
for it.

Keydrv, and snddrv were busted out of CC3IO (now VTIO) by the Level 2
Upgrade bunch.  I agree that having a snddrv_ssp and sndrv_orch90
would be cool.

Regarding SuperBoard, cannot say too much :)

Regards,
Boisy G. Pitre
--
Tee-Boy