[Coco] NitrOS-9 sc6551 driver

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Apr 1 12:59:23 EDT 2009

At 05:24 AM 4/1/2009, you wrote:
>On Mar 31, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
>
>>At 09:35 PM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
>>Roger,
>>
>>>It sounds like you're clipping along with DriveWire 3.  That's great.
>>
>>I was having a talk with Gault about getting NitrOS-9 running
>>another way since my floppy controller is obviously being poked
>>around with by All known copies of OS-9.  Address 65345 is the ROM
>>socket selector (0-3).  The 4th socket is being switched in
>>somewhere during the kernel code, I suspect.  Crashola.  Deskmate,
>>OS-9 Level One, Two, NitrOS-9.  Strangest thing I've seen.
>>
>>I went to your site and grabbed HDB-DOS for DriveWire 3 (long name,
>>btw) because I was having trouble copying double-sided OS-9 disks
>>over to the CoCo using CoCoNet/bitbanger.  Anyway, to make a long
>>story short, I quickly discovered that you had it rigged so we can
>>boot into a NitrOS-9 virtual disk that's on the PC, using the HDB-
>>DOS ROM.  I couldn't complain when I saw the 80 column screen appear
>>within seconds.  There's your plug.
>>

>>>If you're loading the driver and descriptors, you're making
>>>inefficient use of memory.
>>
>>I know that the rest of the block space is wasted this way, but
>>sheesh.
>
>Roger,
>
>I can help you understand better why NitrOS-9 gave you an error #207.

>When you loaded sc6551.dr and t2 in memory, what command line (or
>lines) did you use?  Please provide those.

Obviously, I used load /dd/pathname.....  You're wanting to know if I
tried linking /t2?  Yes, and that reported an error as well.
It doesn't matter now because I've got the drivers in os9boot and working.

>Also on the system, before doing the load, please send the output of
>the smap utility.  That, not mfree, will be revealing into why the
>error #207 happened.
>
>With those pieces of information from your system, I'll be able to
>definitively tell you why the error #207 occurred.

I'll try to find time here in the next hour to do this.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com