[Coco] NitrOS-9 sc6551 driver

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Apr 1 06:24:07 EDT 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> At 09:35 PM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
> Roger,
>
>> It sounds like you're clipping along with DriveWire 3.  That's great.
>
> I was having a talk with Gault about getting NitrOS-9 running
> another way since my floppy controller is obviously being poked
> around with by All known copies of OS-9.  Address 65345 is the ROM
> socket selector (0-3).  The 4th socket is being switched in
> somewhere during the kernel code, I suspect.  Crashola.  Deskmate,
> OS-9 Level One, Two, NitrOS-9.  Strangest thing I've seen.
>
> I went to your site and grabbed HDB-DOS for DriveWire 3 (long name,
> btw) because I was having trouble copying double-sided OS-9 disks
> over to the CoCo using CoCoNet/bitbanger.  Anyway, to make a long
> story short, I quickly discovered that you had it rigged so we can
> boot into a NitrOS-9 virtual disk that's on the PC, using the HDB-
> DOS ROM.  I couldn't complain when I saw the 80 column screen appear
> within seconds.  There's your plug.
>

>> If you're loading the driver and descriptors, you're making
>> inefficient use of memory.
>
> I know that the rest of the block space is wasted this way, but
> sheesh.

Roger,

I can help you understand better why NitrOS-9 gave you an error #207.

When you loaded sc6551.dr and t2 in memory, what command line (or
lines) did you use?  Please provide those.

Also on the system, before doing the load, please send the output of
the smap utility.  That, not mfree, will be revealing into why the
error #207 happened.

With those pieces of information from your system, I'll be able to
definitively tell you why the error #207 occurred.