[Coco] Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak test case with NitrOS-9

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Apr 1 00:18:07 EDT 2009

At 11:04 PM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
>Boisy and gang,
>
>I'm in Hyperterminal on my laptop with a NitrOS-9 shell through the
>bluetooth pak.  :)  9600 bps for starters, haven't tried 19200 bps
>yet or higher.
>
>As expected, shell i=/t2& did what it's supposed to do.  The wierd
>part is that it's the DriveWire version of NitrOS-9, so when I type
>DIR from HyperTerminal, the real CoCo is reading the virtual disk
>stored on the laptop, so it just feels funny, but at least it worked.
>
>Test Case #1: the "Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak" runs a 6809 CoCo 3
>NitrOS-9 shell @ 9600 bps
>
>no pressure testing has been done past just browing some directories
>and not missing any characters yet
>
>--
>Roger Taylor

Let me add what I forgot to mention:

The connection between the PC and CoCo are using both my CoCo-to-PC
serial cable and my wireless RS-232 pak (with HDB-DOS/DriveWire in
it).  No real floppy controller is connected.  The reason the cable
is used is so I can boot into NitrOS-9 some way since my controller
is causing me some OS-9 boot problems.

Even though I opened a shell into NOS from the PC over the air, the
CoCo is still accessing it's system disk FROM the PC over the
bitbanger cable.  Talk about a cool little situation.  Anyway, I
don't want to use the bitbanger connection or DriveWire so I'll be
working on a solution to why I can't boot NitrOS-9 using my Super
Controller 1.  Once I get that working, the cable can go.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com