[Coco] OT: TRS-80 Model I repair info

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:50:28 EDT 2009

I've been given two TRS-80 Model I computers that I would like to
repair. Both are fitted with 16kB RAM, Level II Basic on a daughter
board, a numeric keypad, an extra switch on the right-hand side and an
extra daughter board (in addition to the one with the Level II ROMs).
Several wires are connecting the extra switch and daughter board to
different points on the logic board. Unfortunately, some of those wires
have been snatched or unsoldered. I believe I could make at least one of
the the computers work if only I knew where the wires are supposed to go
to.

I do not know if the extra switch and daughter board were added by a
Radio Shack technician or a computer hobbyist.

Anybody knows a bit about the Model I? Is there some resource with
information about this kind of modification?

Thanks a lot,

Christian